Who We Help
If you’ve ever asked yourself questions like:
- “How can my business make a positive difference as well as higher profits?”
- “How can we respond more effectively to our rapidly-changing environment?”
- “How can we keep aligned on priorities and informed on progress…without drowning in information overload?”
- “How can we create and maintain a culture in which everyone can be and do their best? Where everyone is clear about what they’re supposed to do, and highly motivated to do it?”
- “What will happen to my organisation when it’s time for me to leave my leadership role?”
Then threefold may be able to help you.
threefold Consulting can help make your business more profitable, resilient, agile and conscious. We do this by working at three levels:
- Individual. We can help leaders become calmer, more centered and effective in this rapidly-changing world. They’ll improve business results through bringing out the best in themselves and others, achieving fresh insights and innovative ideas, and making decisions benefiting a wider range of stakeholders.
- Organisational. We can guide your leadership team through the implementation of a technology-enabled method that builds and sustains a profitable, conscious, long-term business. Your organisation will become aligned on an inspiring purpose and shared values. Employees will become happier and more productive, clearer about their responsibilities, more accountable, and able to efficiently agree priorities and keep track of actions without overwhelming email traffic. The various parts of your business will support one another and silo-thinking will be dramatically reduced. All aspects of your business will be able to be successfully handed over time and time again.
- Systemic. We can help your business become more innovative and agile, quicker to evolve in response to change. You’ll gather great ideas from all parts of the business and find creative solutions to complex problems.
About Your Business
Your business is about people – the people who work for you, the people who buy from you, and the people affected by your decisions. A purpose-led, conscious business cares about all these people, not just the few. These types of businesses are a positive force in the world, and more profitable. In Firms of Endearment: How World Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose Raj Sisodia, Professor of Global Business at Babson College, shows that between 1998 and 2013 a sample of 28 U.S. publically traded conscious businesses outperformed the S&P 500 in all time horizons, giving 14 times the cumulative returns of the S&P 500 over 15 years.
Just “Caring” Isn’t Enough
Of course you care about these things. Who wouldn’t? But sometimes just caring isn’t enough. As a caring business owner you want to make a difference as well as a profit. You want to make a good living, care for those around you, and leave the world in a better state. And you want to be happy. But everything’s getting so complex and changing so quickly it’s a struggle to keep up. Maybe you’re even beginning to wonder what it’s all for.
“...engages you to reflect authentically and encourages you into action”
“I have experienced guided reflection with Fiona. She has the knack of getting to the heart of the matter as a strong listener with great empathy and understanding. She gently engages you to reflect authentically and encourages you into action. I strongly recommend her leadership services.”
Executive Coach, Management Consultant : Coaching and Consulting
We Need to Think Differently
We’re taught to solve problems by breaking them into static pieces and analysing the pieces separately. Yet that’s not how things work. Everything is a system within a system, from the smallest cell in our bodies to the universe itself. And everything is interconnected and constantly changing. So when we think about things as though they’re separate and unchanging, it just doesn’t work. We think we’ve solved a problem, only to find our fix has caused issues somewhere else. Or, what we thought was the problem wasn’t the problem at all.
So… What Can You Do?
For a start, slow down to see more clearly.
How can you afford to slow down when the world is moving so fast? Well… how can you afford NOT to?! Slowing down helps your brain to function differently. When you slow down you access a different type of thinking that lets you sense the wider system, which means your solutions are more helpful. You become calmer, more focused, and better able to understand your own deeper needs as well as other peoples’ perspectives. Happier. And more effective.
Build your organisation as a meaning-driven, integrated and adaptable system. Traditional organisations are designed in pieces to fit a predicted future. When things don’t work we try to fix the piece that’s malfunctioning. But the problem is often not in the isolated piece, it’s in the relationship between the pieces, or triggered somewhere else entirely. Or maybe we got our prediction wrong.
But by designing and operating your business as interconnected and adaptable you make it resilient, so it thrives even after you’ve moved on. By building it on sound business principles and practices you make it robust. And by instilling it with meaning and values you create a company people want to work for, buy from, sell to and invest in. A highly profitable business that does good in the world, today and tomorrow. One you and your employees are excited to go to every day.
Address challenges within your business by consciously considering your wider business environment, including parts otherwise unnoticed until something goes wrong. By exploring more widely and deeply you discover innovative ideas, delight a wider range of stakeholders, and nurture connections within yourself and with others.
About Fiona Brooks and threefold
When I left school I didn’t have a passion beyond reading novels. I liked applied mathematics and aesthetics so I studied Civil Engineering (it made sense at the time).
Then I graduated into a recession and changed direction. For 15 years I worked in the oil industry in Australia, Asia and the Middle East in roles from managing truck drivers and running fuel distribution terminals through redesigning transport logistics to General Manager of Western Australia’s largest domestic gas marketing agency.
I spent six years as a management consultant in strategy, business process improvement, and team development and alignment. But while this was stimulating and fun, something was missing. Most people were leaving their hearts at home. Humans were seen as a means to make money rather than the reason for business’s existence. This was creating cynicism and a lack of engagement in employees, customers, suppliers and investors, resulting in a huge waste of potential.
So I dropped everything to retrain. I’d finally found my passion…and this is it.
A world where businesses are profitably operated from a place of love and connection, adding true value for those they touch.
I work with a highly-trained, values-aligned and simply awesome network of people so we can, individually and collectively, ensure you get the best possible support. Two of my most regular collaborators are Andre Burki of Burki Leadership and Doug Aberle of Marplebridge.
In addition, if for any reason I’m not your best fit I’ll happily help you to find someone who is. I want your business to nurture the world, delight people and prosper, that’s my priority.
The threefold Approach
Imagine a world where businesses are profitably operated from a place of love and connection…
- Improving the lives of those they encounter, including future generations
- Helping people fulfil the potential within themselves and their organisations
- Becoming places where employees bring their whole selves to work
- Building connection and community
If you’re a business owner or leader looking to make a difference as well as a profit then build the business you’d choose to work in if you weren’t the boss.
Help your business thrive by working with threefold Consulting in any or all of these areas:
Become more centered and effective in a changing world. Improve business results. Bring out the best in yourself and others. Gain fresh insights and innovative ideas. Make wiser decisions benefiting a wider range of stakeholders.
Find out more…
Reduce waste and increase profits. Build a productive, innovative culture that inspires and retains staff. Create role and task clarity. Establish the ability to successfully hand over all aspects of your business.
Find out more…
Increase organisational innovation. Discover great ideas in unexpected places. Evolve your business to meet the world’s changing needs. Find solutions to complex problems.
Find out more…
If you’re craving space to think and see more clearly, looking for a time-effective way to build your business so it becomes self-sustaining, or seeking solutions to complex business problems… let’s chat.
“Empathetic, respectful, self-aware, honest.”
“Fiona is empathetic, respectful, self-aware, honest and determined. Where others barge ahead with bombast and bluster, Fiona moves just as far more consciously and carefully. She has a big, smart brain – honed in learning and applying engineering skills and leading huge projects – and this couples nicely with her care for others and determination to make a positive difference. She makes me think.”
Director, Professional Speaker, Facilitator : Education Management